The real life examples to demonstrate how its innovations in mobile payment technologies can enhance consumers’ daily lives, providing speed, convenience, security and choice.
Mary Carol Harris, Head of Innovation at VISA, explained several examples how VISA will change the way we will pay mobile?
Here are some user scenarios for mobile payment:
- Visa payWave embedded in a mobile device will secure mobile point of sale payments. Visa demonstrated both NFC-based and SIM-based contactless payments.
- Mobile money transfer between Visa accounts, both handset-to-handset and online-to-handset. Mobile Transaction Alerts: Near real-time notification of card purchase activity delivered to the mobile device.
- Targeted offers and coupons delivered directly to the mobile device and redeemed at near-by merchants.
- Convenient cashless transactions on the move. Mobile merchants, such as a pizza delivery service, can accept Visa payments with the help of enhanced mobile handsets that double as a mobile acceptance device.
- Co-branded mobile posters, signposting nearby coffee shops with the offer of exclusive mobile ‘buy one, get one free’ offers.